I started this blog because I was going absolutely crazy with all the great ideas out there for home decorating and fun crafts that you can make for pennies on the dollar. After calling friends and family and posting information on facebook I decided it would be a good idea to start logging all these great projects in one place. Now you can come to look up tutorials and post your own ideas and comments.
I'm starting off with these great drawstring bags! I love these because they are so versatile. You can make them in any size or fabric to suit your mood and decorating space. I have made these bags in the tutorial as birthday goodie bags. I have also made these bags for crayons, markers, hair ties for my girls, make up... the list goes on! Get creative and these bags will help get you organized.
What you'll need to get started
Fabric (I'm using 10x20 for these goodie bags)
Rotary blade (or scissors)
Embellishments if you desire
Ribbon (2x 1.5 the circumference of your bag)
1. First you'll want to cut your fabric to suit the size bag you're looking to achieve. I will be cutting 10x20in for this project.
2. Next turn your fabric right sides together and sew a strait stitch up both long sides.
3. Turn your fabric right side out and press seams.
3. Now turn your short sides over about 1/2 in and stitch.
5. Step 5 is optional. If you want to add an embellishment this is where you'll do that. Place your embellishment about 1in down from your stitched edge and run a basting stitch down the center of it.
6. Now turn your short ends over about an inch to create your casting and zig zag stitch it in place.
7. Now fold your bag in half so both casings are face to face. The inside of your bag will be facing out now.
8. Stitch up both sides and stop about 1/4 in from your casing. This will make it easier to insert your drawstring.
9. Turn bag right side out, push out corners and press seams.
10. You will need two pieces of ribbon approximately two and a half times the circumference of the bag opening. So my opening is 20 in around I will need two 30in pieces of ribbon.