15 February 2011

Shopping For A Vision

Now let me just preface this by saying… you didn’t really think I could wait to shop for the new house until we moved in did you?

From the moment I walked through our new house I had a vision.  I know what it’s going look like when I’m finished with it.  So as I pack and wrap and seal boxes I am picturing where these things will go in the new house.  And as I window shop online I see the rooms and the potential they have. 

So I have bought a few items already with the rooms in mind that they will exist in.  Not knowing where their final placement will rest or if the measurements even fit.  But I have a vision and you can’t stop a girl with a vision! 

I am going to once again open myself up to you all and show you my ugly side.  I am a Valentines day hater.  I know I know, boooo!  Whatever.  I feel like Valentines is a capitalistic ploy to empty our wallets on a holiday that doesn’t celebrate any special person or event.  So I choose not to celebrate it.  However… it’s a great excuse to get something I want, this doesn’t include chocolates or candy.  Here is what my valentine brought me this year =)

IMG_5998

It came with all these nifty little accessories and it’s going to be my best friend in the new house!

IMG_5997

Then I went to World Market and couldn’t resist these for the kitchen…  I realize that I probably could have knocked these off myself but not for the price I got them on sale. 

IMG_5999

And this beauty for the mud room.  I also could have made this myself but these little letters cost on average $2-3 a piece and that is just for letters.  I got this for $15 on sale.

IMG_6003

So there you have it.  A little glimpse into my vision that is the new house!  Oh friends just wait… in the coming weeks we’re gonna have some serious fun!!

 

~Sommer

8 comments:

Donnie said...

You're going to have a ball making your new house into your home. Tools are always a very romantic gift for a crafty woman. Cute post.

Marilyn said...

A younger friend of mine calls Valentine's Day "National Single Awareness Day". We go out for supper together because she is like a daughter to me. Can't wait to see more about the new house. ♥♫

Sommer said...

ROFL Marilyn!! I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing.

Simply Domestic said...

I was at World Market this weekend and told my daughter that I wanted the silverware signs! Love them. love your Valentine's gift, too!

Tammy said...

love 'em,can't wait to see them in your new place. can't wait to see your new place!

Sommer said...

@Tammy.. soon mama! Next week =)

Christine:) said...

Really cute additions- I'm on a decorating spree at my house too (we've been here for a year and a half). Good luck moving:)

Christina @ It's a Keeper said...

Hi! I host a weekly blog hop -- It's a Keeper Thursdays. I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

Thanks!
Christina @ It's a Keeper
http://www.everydaytastes.com/
http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails