03 April 2011

Welcome Type A

Today I have Tammy at Type A Decorating.  Her blog name says it all.  She is OCD to the max but I like to break that down to mean Obsessive Compulsive Decorating.  Please welcome her!  And stop by her blog and leave here some nice comments =)



Take it away Tammy...

Hi!  I'm Tammy from Type A, nice to meet you!  It's so exciting to be doing a guest post here at Designer Garden.  It's my first.  I'm actually a little nervous. 
I think my about me from my home page pretty much covers who I am!

Hi, I'm Tammy, first time blogger, long time blog stalker. I have an addiction to caffeine, garage sales, Goodwill and Craigslist. I'm a SAHM to the best kids. Connor(Con) and Lauren(Lo) are my world. They keep me busy and on my toes. My hubby works outside of the country, so I wear all the hats, even the not so pretty ones. I've learned there isn't anything I can't do, but plenty I don't want to! This is my way of sharing my life with you, please join me in the craziness! I'll be waiting. :)

My Hubby, who I refer to as Beefcake, is a contractor in Iraq/Afghanistan.  It's because of him that I became a furniture re-finisher, crafter, home decorating, blogging fool!  I had to fill my time, what little of there is left after taking care of the house, two cars and two KIDS!  lol (and the kids want a dog!)
My blog is called Type A for a reason, I have cleaning and organizing issues.  lol  I find them therapeutic and relaxing and can't do them enough.  My kids wish I would just stop and enjoy the mess, but it's not in my dna.
Here is the most recent project I completed.  This cute stool was painted black and repurposed as a monitor stand.  I had a generic plastic one from the random office store, but this has much more character, and a little bling.  Which is much more ME.
Here are some photos of passed projects.
This is my son's room.  A few of the projects I did it this picture are, the curtains, lamp, bookcases, chalkboard and magnet boards. 
This picture is of my entry way.  The projects I did are, the topiary trees, moss covered letter R, the yellow buffet, the tin door over the buffet, and the welcome sign.
This is one of my favorite rooms in the house, my office.  I stenciled the plates, re-purposed the shutters into a  picture display and painted the milk can.
I also do posts about my kids, exercise and dieting, and other random life happenings.  My day to day is blended in with all my projects.  I also throw a weekly party called 'Anything Goes!', it runs from Tuesday - Thursday, and of course the occasional give away.  As a matter of fact I have a great give away planned for when I hit 350 'Friends'!! 
You can also check out my HOME TOUR to see more of my house.  Thanks again for taking the time and getting to know me, can't wait to get to know you too!
Thanks Sommer for letting me be a guest in your wonderful blog!
 



Like I said... she's pretty awesome huh?  Thanks for stopping by Tammy!  We sure enjoyed seeing all your incredible projects and your home is just beautiful!

~Sommer

2 comments:

♥ Miss Tea said...

Now i know a little bit more about you, Tammy! loving the painted black stool, your son's room is adorable! Great post Sommer!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! That's my friend, Tammy, alright. Great job on your post, Tammy.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails