27 August 2011

Dog Days of Summer

While planning to set up shop and take advantage of all the garage sale goers during the neighborhood sale I came across a darling lemonade stand on another blog.  I have always wanted to build one for my kids.  I got the general concept but I was limited to working with what I had on hand. 

DSCF5362C

So I’m not giving any tips on building this sucker because honestly after building the first 85% of it I still wasn’t sure that it wasn’t going to collapse and crush my children to smithereens.

IMG_7328

I started with a frame for the top and bottom.  Then I had to put braces in each corner front and back to hold the top to the bottom.

IMG_7330

Then I cut all my slats to the same size.

IMG_7329

Screw them all along the top and bottom frames.

IMG_7333

Then I used a large piece of particle board for the counter top and screwed it in along the top frame.  I toped that with some wainscoting to give it the look of more slats on the top since I had run out of wood at this point.

DSCF5362 

And the kids made $25.00 on $.50 cups of lemonade that day!  They were thrilled!

 

~Sommer

You can find me linking up at these great blogs parties... Here is where I'll be this week...






Mondays:
Sew Can Do
Diy HSHP
Skip To My Lou
The House In The Roses
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
DIY Show Off Project Parade
C.R.A.F.T.
Making The World Cuter
Keeping It Simple
Mad In Crafts
It's So Very Cheri
 Homemaker On A Dime
 Sew Many Ways
 
Tuesdays:
Not Just A Housewife
House of Grace
All Things Related
Tip Junkie
Hope Studios
Topsy Turvy
Creative Itch
Craft Edition
Giggles Glitz and Glam
 
Wednesdays:
My Backyard Eden
Blue Cricket Design
Ginger Snap Crafts
 Domestically Speaking
Tea Rose Home
Someday Crafts
Sew Much Ado
Primitive And Proper
Seven Thirty Three
Type A
Lil Luna
We Are That Family
Elements And Interiors
Handy Man Crafty Woman

Thursdays:
Shabby Chic Cottage
Somewhat Simple
Yesterday On Tuesday
House Of Hepworths
Beyond The Picket Fence
Beneath My Heart
Fireflies And Jellybeans
Tales From Bloggeritaville
The Brambleberry Cottage
Common Ground
 Rhinestone Beagle
It's A Keeper
 
Fridays:
Shanty 2 Chic
Miss Mustard Seed
Shabby Nest
Remodelaholic
Romantic Home
Finding Fabulous
Vintage Revivals
Just A Girl
Tidy Mom
Fingerprints On The Fridge
Chic On A Shoestring
A Little Knick Knack
The Girl Creative
 
Saturdays:
Funky Junk Interiors
Perfectly Imperfect
Tatertots And Jello
Crafy Envy
Be Different Act Normal
Along For The Ride
A Vision To Remember
 Kims Kandy Kreations
 

0 comments:

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails