06 August 2011

Wrong Turn Sweetheart

Last week I saw an offer on freecycle for an old vintage chandelier.  Most items on freecycle are sight unseen but I knew I wanted it regardless.  Just the words “old” and “vintage” give me butterflies in my stomach.  Well sometimes it kind of feels like diarrhea but that’s another post for another time!

IMG_7317

That night when Mr. Garden got home I told him we were going to pick up a an amazing chandelier I found for free!  He kind of looked at me with that look he always gives me when I get excited about junk.  I call it the “Uh huh” look.

Mr. Garden: So how do you know it’s amazing if you haven’t seen it?

Me: Because the ad said amazing old vintage chandelier duh!

Mr. Garden: Uh huh.  And how exactly did you find it if you got an email offering it up?

Me: Well I found the email didn’t I?

Mr. Garden: Right.  So where are we going for this piece of junk?

Me: You shouldn’t call it names, it’s going to be very valuable.  Were going 123 free Ln.

Mr. Garden: Why don’t you put it into the GPS.

Me: Okay but she yells at me.

Mr. Garden: She doesn’t yell at you, she’s… IT’S a computer!

About ten minutes later we get into the neighborhood and are looking for the house number. 

GPS: Your destination is on the left.

Mr. Garden: I don’t see 123 do you?

Me: No… I see lots of numbers but none in that order.

GPS: Your destination is on the left.

Me: We heard you!  And it’s not on the left!

Mr. Garden: Sigh… are you sure it was 123 Free Lane and not street or drive?

Me: I’m positive.  The GPS wouldn’t have found the house if I had punched it in wrong.

Driving back and forth up and down the street for ten more minutes as the sun is setting.

Mr. Garden: Just try punching in the address again this time as “street”.

Me: Whatever.

GPS: Turn left! Turn left!

Me: Here she goes again!

Mr. Garden: Hmmm so maybe the address was wrong.

Me: Hmmm maybe the GPS chick should have told us that!!

Mr. Garden: Just keep your eyes out for the damned chandelier.

Me: Oooooh stop there it is!

Mr. Garden: Are you sure I don’t see anything?

Me: Stop damn it, are you blind?!

Mr. Garden: We’ll wait here.

Me: Could you come help me carry it? All of this awesomeness is kind of heavy!

Mr. Garden: It definitely looks old and vintage.  Like something out of a 70’s horror flick.

Me: Well so do you but I keep you around =)

IMG_7321

It is totally awesome isn’t it?!  It has so much detail and I love the mirror on the shaft.  There is one little piece where it looks like someone tried to take a bite out of it.  Mmm, a little dusty glass with your milk dear?  I’m hopeful I can find a replacement. 

IMG_7318

 

~Sommer

You can find me linking up at these great blogs parties... Here is where I'll be this week...









Mondays:
Sew Can Do
Diy HSHP
Skip To My Lou
The House In The Roses
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
DIY Show Off Project Parade
C.R.A.F.T.
Making The World Cuter
Keeping It Simple
Mad In Crafts
It's So Very Cheri
 Homemaker On A Dime
 Sew Many Ways
 
Tuesdays:
Not Just A Housewife
House of Grace
All Things Related
Tip Junkie
Hope Studios
Topsy Turvy
Creative Itch
Craft Edition
Giggles Glitz and Glam
 
Wednesdays:
My Backyard Eden
Blue Cricket Design
Ginger Snap Crafts
 Domestically Speaking
Tea Rose Home
Someday Crafts
Sew Much Ado
Primitive And Proper
Seven Thirty Three
Type A
Lil Luna
We Are That Family
Elements And Interiors
Handy Man Crafty Woman

Thursdays:
Shabby Chic Cottage
Somewhat Simple
Yesterday On Tuesday
House Of Hepworths
Beyond The Picket Fence
Beneath My Heart
Fireflies And Jellybeans
Tales From Bloggeritaville
The Brambleberry Cottage
Common Ground
 Rhinestone Beagle
It's A Keeper
 
Fridays:
Shanty 2 Chic
Miss Mustard Seed
Shabby Nest
Remodelaholic
Romantic Home
Finding Fabulous
Vintage Revivals
Just A Girl
Tidy Mom
Fingerprints On The Fridge
Chic On A Shoestring
A Little Knick Knack
The Girl Creative
 
Saturdays:
Funky Junk Interiors
Perfectly Imperfect
Tatertots And Jello
Crafy Envy
Be Different Act Normal
Along For The Ride
A Vision To Remember
 Kims Kandy Kreations
 

7 comments:

Artsy VaVa said...

Wow! You scored something fabulous!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Cute post. My DH thinks I am crazy most of the time too, but he likes the end result. Can't wait to see it. Hugs, Marty

Kristin Marriott said...

Wowsa! I totally think you scored some awesomeness ~ I love it and need one just like it : )

~Kristin

Unknown said...

GPS kinda sucks. But the chandy has awesome potential. I can't wait to see it when you're done.

melissa@5foot12 creations said...

love the story b/c i get the "uh-huh" look all the time... and love the chandelier-can't wait to see it! ;) happy weekend!

Marianne said...

I can't stop laughing...this is such a cute post. Mr. Country thinks I'm nuts most of the time with all of my treasure hunts. And I'm also a freecycle lover. You can get the best stuff. Can't wait to see what you do with your new old chandelier.
Marianne :)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Hilarious post! I love it! Can't wait to see how the chandelier turns out.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails