24 February 2011

Keys

I've been looking all over for these.  I was at Hobby Lobby looking for a towel rack when I stumbled across them for 1/2 off.  The last set hanging there, waiting to find their forever home.  I got them for a song at $6.00. 

When I got them home I realized.... the metal loop was one solid piece.  And I needed the keys to come off!  So this was a perfect excuse oportunity to use the Dremel =)

I didn't have the right bit for cutting the metal so I used this.  It's a metal engraver tool.  Very neat!  I just carressed it until it broke through.

Once it was cut through I could pull it apart.

And now I have this...

But I am not going to tell you what I'm doing with them yet... Of course your welcome to guess, I love guessing games! lol.

I've linked up to these parties.
~Sommer

10 comments:

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

I can't wait to find out what you do with them. I'm your newest follower. It would be great if you could stop by my blog Monday and add your project to The More The Merrier Link Party.

http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Oh how I love my Dremel! It is indeed one handy dandy tool. I love guessing games, too. Hmmm, what could you be up to? Well, most of the keys look to large to make into necklaces. Maybe you're attaching them to burlap covered boards in frames, to use as wall art. How'd I do? ;)

Thanks for linking to the party. I hope you'll join me for "Funny Faux Pas Follies," as well.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Sommer said...

Jami- Thanks for the invite, I will do my best to finish the project by then but I will be doing all that fun cleaning stuff over at my old house this weekend ;P

Sommer said...

Liz you always make me laugh! I am joining the faux pas! I have so many I could write a book, seriously. And nope, they aren't going to be wall art, well not completely. It will be semi-functional.

KimMalk said...

How smart to use your dremel. I think you may be making some wall art, no, wait adding them to a tassel...

Unknown said...

I am going to request a Dremel from Hubby. My big guess on your use with the keys is a "shadow box." Can't wait to see your plans for the keys!

Tammy @ Type A said...

i think i know! snicker snicker! can't wait to see it finished.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I keep saying I am going to get a dremel. Gotta love HL.

Megan Gunyan said...

Aw, man I don't have a dremel! I obviously need one. I love those keys. Oh, how I wish for a HL in my town! That's my next Christmas wish. Can't wait to see what you do with those cute keys!

Sommer said...

Oh Meg you don't have a HL?? How sad. I'm going to have to put together HL care package as a give away soon! Maybe you'll win!

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails