15 March 2011

Best Friends

I don’t have a ton of friends but the ones I do have are simply the BEST!  There isn’t a single one I couldn’t call in the middle of the night or run to in a crisis.  They make me laugh, give good advice and listen when I need to get something off my chest. 

I have a unique friendship with a select group of women.  I’ve known them for a little over ten years and out of about 25 I’ve only met a handful of them.  Because most of them live all over the world.  We met on a pregnancy forum online when we were all due with our first babies in the month of May 2001.  Some babies came early in April and some late into June.  A few of them parted ways once their children were born but the majority of us stuck together, moving our forum to a private site where we’ve shared our experiences, triumphs, heart aches, photo’s video’s etc…  We’ve been through marriages, divorces, deaths, miscarriages, infertility, job promotions, moves etc…  I’ve never known or loved someone I’ve never met the way I do these friends of mine. 

What’s my point?  I’m getting to that.  One of these beautiful, successful, kind and loving friends of mine lives over seas.  I’ve seen photo’s of her children for years sporting beautiful European dresses and outfits. 
Last year a package she shipped me was misplaced.  Luckily she was able to retrieve it and we tried again early this year.  We were both a bit un-nerved when the package was expected right around the time I was moving and forwarding my address.

Guess what arrived at my PO Box this morning?  The most beautiful brown box with they key words on it “BARCELONA”.  I was dancing in line waiting to turn in my ticket to retrieve it.
IMG_6232
I was expecting a little white dress I had planned for my daughter to wear on her birthday in June.  Here is what was inside… to my surprise.
IMG_6233
She always dresses her girls alike or matching and I’ve always found it to be so adorable!  I got matching outfits for BOTH my girls.
IMG_6235
I have to ask her about these.  I think they are dresses but they fit a bit more like a night dress.  Sorry I didn’t iron anything, I was too excited to share! Did I mention these were made in Paris?  PARIS!  Says so on the tag ;P  Do you wonder if they get excited when something says “Made in NYC”? 
IMG_6236
These are my absolute favorite of the bunch and I plan to drag the girls all over gods country this spring snapping photo’s in them.
IMG_6234
Then came the little white dress, all neatly wrapped in bubble wrap.  The one I’d been waiting for.  The one that would make my little baby look like an angel. 
IMG_6237
It’s fairly simple but I find it refreshingly innocent looking.  And then I found this…
IMG_6238
This is not for either of my girls.  It’s for me!  It has the most beautiful details, lace and buttons and woven cotton.  It’s GORGEOUS!  Unfortunately I cannot button it all the way up in the back.  I think I will be able to soon but I’m not quite there yet.  So once it fits I’ll post more pictures =)
Bear couldn’t wait to try on the dresses.  She loves to look like a princess these days.  I couldn’t get her to stand still as she was twirling around and around!
IMG_6241
IMG_6242
IMG_6245
And here is the famous white dress.  And my angel =)
IMG_6240
IMG_6239
THANK YOU KARLY!  We love everything! Xoxo

~Sommer

2 comments:

Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

This is absolutely precious! I can't wait to have a little girl to dress in cute dresses.

Thank god for best friends :)

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful sommer... lovely words. i'm really happy that the girls are so pleased with everything. i'm looking forward to seeing more photos when you have them. btw, gorgeous site... well done on everything. xxk

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails