29 August 2011

Time To Wash

I thought it was going to take me some time to get used to the ASCP before I started trying new techniques.  I also thought I was going to love the Louis Blue on my antique buffet.  I even played it safe and mixed in some grey.  But alas after a few days of looking at it I knew it was too colorful for my neutral tastes.  Beautiful, just not me.  So I did my first wash.  I think I’m happy now.

IMG_7527

I have a tea cart in this room that I also used the old white on and it has grey paint.  So instead of washing the buffet with white (which honestly I was afraid would make it lighter blue) I decided I wanted to wash it in the Paris Grey to tone it down and hide it a bit more.  Then it would play off the grey tea cart as well.

IMG_7526

I left the top natural and just waxed it.  I started feeling like there was a lot of paint in this room and I needed to break it up some.  The table top is also wood but stained, I kind of like when the woods don’t totally match.

 

IMG_7487

I sold all my chairs this weekend because they didn’t go.  I had originally wanted this room to be high end elegant looking but then once playing with the chalk paint I went French country all the way! So for the mean time my chippy yellow porch chairs were brought in and paired up with another set I recently finished.

IMG_7522

Here are my AWESOME chickens!  I cringed anytime I saw people buying chickens and roosters.  They remind me of my grandma.  Well, her décor anyway.  So when I found these I about fell over.  Love at first sight.  And my first set of chickens were born.

IMG_7520

I also picked up this old wooden tool box from a garage sale for $2.

IMG_7516

There is much much more I’m doing to this room before I can call it finished.  Drapes, painting the bamboo rug, new chairs, a plate rack for the wall etc.… But for now I’m thrilled with how it’s coming along.

IMG_7523

IMG_7527

~Sommer

You can find me linking up at these great blogs parties... Here is where I'll be this week...







Mondays:
Sew Can Do
Diy HSHP
Skip To My Lou
The House In The Roses
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
DIY Show Off Project Parade
C.R.A.F.T.
Making The World Cuter
Keeping It Simple
Mad In Crafts
It's So Very Cheri
 Homemaker On A Dime
 Sew Many Ways
 
Tuesdays:
Not Just A Housewife
House of Grace
All Things Related
Tip Junkie
Hope Studios
Topsy Turvy
Creative Itch
Craft Edition
Giggles Glitz and Glam
 
Wednesdays:
Blue Cricket Design
Ginger Snap Crafts
 Domestically Speaking
Tea Rose Home
Someday Crafts
Sew Much Ado
Primitive And Proper
Seven Thirty Three
Type A
Lil Luna
We Are That Family
Elements And Interiors
Handy Man Crafty Woman

Thursdays:
Shabby Chic Cottage
Somewhat Simple
Yesterday On Tuesday
House Of Hepworths
Beyond The Picket Fence
Beneath My Heart
Fireflies And Jellybeans
Tales From Bloggeritaville
The Brambleberry Cottage
Common Ground
 Rhinestone Beagle
It's A Keeper
 
Fridays:
Shanty 2 Chic
Miss Mustard Seed
Shabby Nest
Remodelaholic
Romantic Home
Finding Fabulous
Vintage Revivals
Just A Girl
Tidy Mom
Fingerprints On The Fridge
Chic On A Shoestring
A Little Knick Knack
The Girl Creative
 
Saturdays:
Funky Junk Interiors
Perfectly Imperfect
Tatertots And Jello
Crafy Envy
Be Different Act Normal
Along For The Ride
A Vision To Remember
 Kims Kandy Kreations
 

19 comments:

Dawn said...

So far everything is just beautiful. Have you ever tried to use the chalk paint in a sprayer, or is it strictly for roller or bush?

Dawn said...

I love what I have seen so far. Have you ever tried the chalk paint through a sprayer? if so how were the results?

Brenda Pruitt said...

You got some great bargains and made them look fantastic!
Brenda

Pamela said...

Love anything french, especially at a bargain. Looks fantastic.

Deborah March said...

BEAUTIFUL pieces!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love your beautiful ASCP projects. I just got my first 2 quarts and I'm so excited to try it out. Love the two paint colors together.

Honey at 2805 said...

These turned out beautifully! I really like all of the beautiful detail on both pieces!

Hope you will bring one of your projects to my first Potpourri Friday Party this week - Friday, September 2. Link-up starts on Thursday afternoon. Without a doubt, your participation will help make the party better!

Renee Hanlon said...

I love all of your projects so far! The paint wash was a great idea. I would love for you to share this post at my Shabby Shares Saturday link party at http://rustic-crafts.com

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

She's so beautiful! Love it! Love the chickens too! Found you via Primp. Pop on over for a visit when you get a moment. Tootles, Kathryn
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/goodwill-artwork.html

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Wow, love the room especially think the old school Pepsi crates are cool.
Great work!

I am a new follower from the Show and Tell Linking Party at Blue Cricket Design. If you have a chance come by http://messforless.blogspot.com and say hi.
Thanks!

Mandy said...

Paint wash looks great. I've been playing with the ASCP myself.
I followed you over from Someday Crafts and I'm your newest follower.

www.projectqueen.org

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I have also been having some fun with some ASCP...now I love that old toolbox...come by and join in at my party...hope to see ya there.

Blessings,
Linda

Honey at 2805 said...

I am so happy you brought this beauty to my Potpourri Party! She is so pretty and so graceful and it's a delight to see her again!

Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday and helping to make it a success! I appreciate you!

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

Sommer! I LOVE all of these pieces. Great score on that wooden tool box:) I tried to make one and it was a D-I-SASTER! Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

I love your buffet! You have inspired me on a piece I have been looking at and trying to decide what to do. I love the wash! You did an amazing job with this piece!

farmhouse-story said...

i love your paint colors--its all so adorable!

Ellen said...

B E A U T I F U L...love the look.
Hugs,
Ellen

Sam | Away She Went said...

I usually stay away from chickens and rooster because they seem a little too old lady for me, but I seriously love your chickens. They are so cute! I would totally buy them too!

Amanda@studio1404.com said...

Your buffet is beautiful!!! Love the carvings! Love the colors!

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails