02 December 2010

Twelve Blogs Of Christmas Day 2

Welcome back everyone!  I have another fantastic home to show you today.  And I'm not just saying that because she happens to be my best friend ;P  Please welcome Tammy from Type A Decorating and stop by her blog afterward to look around and leave a comment.

 Hey All, my name is Tammy and here is a taste of how I'm decorating for Christmas this year.  If you like what you see can you can check out my blog Type A Decorating.  I have to warn you, I don't blog as much as I should.  Shame on me! ;)
This is my entry way/stair area.  My home is pretty average in size, so no grand entry, but fingers crossed for the nest house!  I still have plans for this area.  I'm having a door built that will hang where the mirror is now and the wreath will be moved there with a special display I'm going to make for my Christmas cards. 
These great little wreaths where a happy little accident, I was rolling paper cones to make ornaments and discovered after assembling them they where HUGE!  Instead of tossing all the cones I came up with my 'HO HO HO' wreaths, and couldn't be happier.  The down side was rolling a few hundred smaller cones for ornaments.  Live and learn!
Lovely close up.
....and closer yet.  I think you get  the idea.
This year I decided to go simple on the mantel, actually just simple.  In years passed it's looked like a cluttered mess.  Simple = good!  I'm just learning to sew, so the stockings aren't perfect, so don't look to close!  I think I'm going to let my kiddos decorate them, and give them a little of their personality.  I won't be surprised if they end up looking a lot like Star Wars and Scooby Doo!
This is my pride and Christmas joy, my Jim Shore nativity.  Love all things Jim Shore.
Here is a glimpse of the tree cones I made and our new stocking holders.  The elf is supposed to help the kids behave, but unless I beat them with him...not going to happen, thankfully he's cute.
The banner reads Merry Christmas, I'll do a few tutorials for all ya'll in  the coming weeks, but so easy and cute.  I should add, the little trees where a steal and Joann's, I have two more on the mantel.  I just couldn't pass them up, I was really feeling SIMPLE this year.
A close up for you of the table, again, simple and affordable.  I don't like to spend to much, but I wanted to make sure it was still lovely.  I was going to decoupage these ornaments, and discovered I didn't have the patience, so they are naked in my glass container, and that's all I'm going to say about that.
I love this tree, don't get me wrong, but unless you are a glutton for punishment don't make one!  I really don't know how my kids put up with my crafting, the crying and screaming has to scare them?  256 cones later it did produce this tree and the lamp shade wreath next to it.  We all survived, so it could have been worse.
Love this music  print ribbon, I think I bought 6 or 7 rolls of it...shhh don't tell the hubby.
Another of my lovely Jim Shore creations.  Have I mentioned how much I love him?  Hopefully I will get a new one this year, yes I would like that.
What's that next to Santa?  Oh, my JIM SHORE Santa's Workshop.  I may have to send Jim Shore a fan letter, or at least my first born.  (Momma is kidding Connor, you're safe, for now!)
Last, but not least, the TREE!  Notice the Santa and Reindeer refreshment area, got to make sure he has enough energy to travel the world.
 I made the majority of the ornaments on here, it was fun, but I can't say if I will do a homemade Christmas every year.  I may add to this one, but no starting over from scratch for a while.  Well, maybe...
I made some paper wreaths and fans, Santa knows I rolled a ton of cones.  Poinsettias on clips, red felt snowflakes.
Simple frames with music paper.
Scandinavian tart tins.  Berry bunch with ribbon.
Glitter words.
This year I wanted to make Christmas very special for the little people in my live.  Their Daddy, my Mr. Type A is working in Afghanistan until June, so I wanted to spoil them a little extra.   Here is a sneak peak at their little trees and a few of their ornaments.  All store bought, but very cute.  I shopped mostly Kohl's, Hobby Lobby and the Hallmark Store.
This is my daughter Lauren's (Lo) tree, pink for a princess, and she is the resident Diva Princess for sure!   I bought the tree topper from a great shop on etsy theStarcraft.  She also made my son's tree topper and some gorgeous garland for his tree.
Every year I let the kids pick out one Hallmark ornament for their trees.  This year Lo picked out the Little Mermaid.   If you look closely you can see the beady garland I bought her at Kohl's, so cute and colorful, just like my little girl.
Lo is the younger of the two so I let her pick out a few extra ornaments this year, didn't want her tree to be bare.  She loved the circus elephant, so TA DA!
Connor's black tree, yes black, we decided it was the perfect super hero color.  He has been a super hero since he could walk/talk.  We've gone from Spiderman, Batman, Ben10, Ironman to Luke Skywalker.  Right now we love all things Star Wars!  LOVE.
This year he picked out the Ironman ornament, but we ordered the Luke Skywalker one.  The store was out, but never fear, we had one delivered from another store.
This is the gorgeous garland I was talking about earlier from theStarcraft, I told you it was gorgeous!  Full of beads and hand made stars, about 9 feet long!
I hope you enjoyed your glimpse of my very Simple Christmas and hope to see you in blog land.
Have a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Christie said...

This is so adorable! I love, love, love the tree made from cones! Maybe that will be a summertime project for next year!! Also, laughed so hard at the 'beat 'em with the elf' to behave!! Ha! Ha! That is just downright funny! I started my day with some good laughter! Love your friend! Her home is lovely and all the touches make it just perfect! As I read that her husband is in Afghanistan, I immediately lifted a prayer for him! Thanks! Christie

Sommer said...

Thanks again for sharing today! Everything looks fab darling! And if you're ready to spruce up those stockings we'll come down and help out =)

Angie said...

OMG- Tammy's going to crack up- I bought that SAME exact music ribbon! LOVE how the wreaths turned out!!!

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails